Technology in Telepractice
Learn how to remove technology as a barrier to providing high-quality telepractice services
Have you started telepractice and feel overwhelmed by the technology?
In this course, I'm going to teach you how to select and use the technology you’ll need to conduct high-quality telepractice
Course topics include:
- What technology you need to have high-quality telepractice sessions
- Features to look for in a videoconferencing platform
- How to choose a videoconferencing platform that fits your needs
- How to troubleshoot common technology problems
This course is designed to help you implement as you learn, with helpful handouts to use after it’s all over.
I have over 10 years of telepractice experience, and have trained dozens of SLPs in using technology to deliver services via telepractice. I've developed this course so you get the information you need on your own time. Some of the bonuses that are included:
- Technology checklist- to make sure you have the specific technology that you need
- "Tech check" handout- a great resource to keep at your desk.
- Videoconferencing comparison chart- I've narrowed it down to five options to simplify your selection process
- Step-by-step instructions for turning your mobile device into a document camera
If you need help with removing technology as a barrier in telepractice, this is the course for you!
Adrienne is the owner of Online Speech Services, which specializes in online speech therapy, accent modification, and public speaking coaching. She has a Master’s in Communication Sciences and Disorders and an MBA in Business Administration. She has over 10 years of experience in telepractice and has trained hundreds of speech-language pathologists in appropriate telepractice service delivery. As a former manager, she was responsible for hiring, training, and supervising a department of speech-language pathologists who all provided services via telepractice. During that time, she organized professional development programs, established best practices in issues related to telepractice, and ensured compliance with national and state licensing regulations. In addition to providing direct services to clients in her telepractice business, Adrienne also offers consulting, webinars, and online courses to help speech-language pathologists add telepractice to their service delivery offerings. She has presented at the annual American Speech-Language Hearing Association Convention and served on the ASHA Convention Telepractice Topic Committee for two years.